PARTNERS FOR PETS
3rd Party Partnerships
Policies & Procedures
In order to ensure that the Harbor Humane Society’s name, image and reputation are properly represented, we ask that all third-party fundraisers abide by the following policies. Your cooperation will help us guarantee consistency and quality in the events.
Harbor Humane Society CAN provide the following:
- Approved usage of Harbor Humane Society name, logo, brochure, and information/fact sheet about our shelter and services upon request.
- Support in drafting co-branded marketing materials to promote your event if time allows.
- Authorization of letter to validate the authenticity and intention of the fundraiser if needed.
- Pre-event promotion and post-event recognition of your fundraiser to Harbor Humane’s community of supporters on our social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram if time allows.
- Feedback on event structure ideas, tips, and suggestions if time allows.
- Assistance setting up an online peer-to-peer fundraising platform to further the reach of your network, similar to a GoFundMe.
Harbor Humane Society canNOT provide the following:
- Access to contacts or donor lists.
- Board members, animals, employee, or volunteer staffing at the event if less than minimum threshold of $500 raised/donated.
- Event assistance such as soliciting donations or auction items, attending committee meetings or recruiting event attendees.
- We are not responsible for the event/fundraiser of any kind such as expenses, insurance, or purchases.
Tips & Tricks For Success
1) Make a plan: Who is the host of your event, is it virtual, who is your audience?
2) Get the word out: How are you going to market the event? Let everyone know the date as soon as possible so they can plan to attend!
3) Set a goal for your event: Setting a fundraising goal for your event can help you early on in the planning process and encourage donors to give.
4) Budget expenses: Identify any expenses and potential sources of income. Keep expenses low by asking for in-kind donations of supplies from friends or family, or even local businesses.
5) Thank your supporters: Send thank you cards or letters to all the supporters and volunteers who helped make your event a success.
If you have additional questions about your fundraising event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-399-2119 ext. 120.